All Tech Builders and Restoration was contacted by a home owner in Northbrook 60062 who was experiencing foundation seepage resulting in basement flooding. This customers home suffered basement flooding in the past and sought a real solution. It seamed that most contractors she spoke to were more interested in the basement remodeling aspect of the project, more then seeking the source of the water to ensure no further water damage would be present after incurring the expense to remodel the basement.
This flooded basement was typical of many water damage projects we see in our many years of operating as a professional flood restoration contractor in the area. Whereas, the source of this interior basement water was due to conditions found on the outside of the home. In this case the pre-existing concrete stoop was above the foundation. This resulted in storm water sitting against mortar, which weakened mortar, resulting in erosion of the mortar which presented a void that allowed water to enter.
Therefore, in order to resolve this basement flooding issue we removed and rebuilt the stoop. Once it was evident that the seepage issue was resolved, we then moved forward with phase two of the project which included mold remediation and remodeling of the basement.
Other items included in this Northbrook 60062 flooded basement project:
- Project included exterior excavation of existing sunken concrete stoop
- Removal and replacement of eroded mortar around exterior foundation
- Foundation sealing using Hydraulic Cement which is a product used to stop water and leaks in concrete and masonry structures. It is a type of cement, similar to mortar. Hydraulic cement is used widely in the construction industry sealing structures below grade and in situations where structures can be affected or submerged in water
- Basement remodeling including drop ceiling installation, lighting and electrical outlet upgrades
- Removal and replacement of damaged drywall
- Remodeled 2 bathrooms in residential living space
- Carpet removal and replacement
- Wood flooring Installation
- Mold remediation
If you are seeking a local water damage and mold remediation contractor near Northbrook, IL 60062 which also specializes in mold remediation, then contact All Tech Builders and Restoration for a free estimate.